Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tuna Tostadas

So I don't know about where you are, but it was about 100 degress today.  My central air unit is kaputz and due to be replaced Friday.  I wanted a dinner that required little to no cooking. I didn't even feel like reheating leftovers.  So I made tostadas.  Tostadas are crispy tortillas that are used as a sort of pizza.

You'll need: (makes 3 tostadas)

3 Corn tortillas
1 can of Tuna fish
1/4 of an onion
1 lime
Jalapeno cream cheese (take cream cheese, cut up some pickled jalapenos, mix well and refriderate)
4 slices of crispy bacon ( I nuked it)
Tomatillo Salsa (see recipe here)
Feta/Goat cheese (I used both)


The only cooking I had to do was to bake the tortillas.  You can also fry them if you'd prefer.


Preheat oven to 400Take the tortillas and brush with oil.  Sprinkle salt or whatever seasonings you'd like.  Bake for 6 mins on one side.  Flip and watch closely as the tortillas start to brown (2-4 min) Remove from oven allow to cool.


Tuna mixture

Drain one can of tuna and put into a bowl. Finely dice the onion and add to bowl.  Squeeze juice of 1/2 a lime onto onion and tuna.  Stir well.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add cheese and let sit for 5 min.  Prior to assembling your tostada, juice the other half of the lime.  Mix well.



Assembling your tostadas:

Place desired amount of cream cheese on your tostadas.

Then place your tuna mixture on top of the cream cheese.


Crumble your bacon on top.


 Finally top with tomatillo salsa



so easy, so delish.....these will easily become a staple in my diet......

I'm noticing a huge Mexican theme this week.....I do love Mexican food!!!


Well time to clean my kitchen, well mostly do dishes from the last couple of days.....I love to procrastinate!

No comments:

Post a Comment