Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Grilled Dinner

So last night I started craving clams.  I had seen them grilled on Food Network, so I decided to try.

I made grilled clams, grilled corn, and grilled peaches for dinner tonight.

You need:

1-2 dozen little neck clams (or more if you'd like)
1/4 C butter (can't have clams without butter)
Ears of Corn on the Cob (as many as you'd like to eat)
2-4 fresh crushed garlic cloves
Garlic based seasoning
Peaches (halved and pitted)
Brown sugar for sprinkling




Throw scrubbed clams directly on the grill and cook until well opened (5-10 minutes)

Shuck corn and coat with desired garlic based seasoning.  Throw directly on hot grill.
Cook until you  get a decent char on multiple sides.

While cooking melt butter with crushed garlic for clam dipping!!!! I also dip in hot sauce!!! GO FRANK'S RED HOT! Serve everything while hot!!!!!


So after I ate, I threw the peaches on the grill.  Halve the peaches and sprinkle liberally with brown sugar.  Place cut side down.  Grill for 3-5 minutes or until warm and soft throughout.



This was a really easy meal to cook and super yummy. I have never had corn that came so cleanly out of the cob before and this is not Jersey corn.  The grilled peaches were amazing as well.  Clams are relatively easy to cook, so that was nothing.  I was not happy about how the peaches looked coming off the grill, but I also think I picked too soft of a peach to grill.

Happy GRILLING!

No comments:

Post a Comment