Monday, June 13, 2011

Stuffed Steak

So if anyone knows me, I have a strange obsession with goat cheese.  I can never have enough of it.  It's my favorite snack food, condiment, cheese, everything. It's delicious and creamy and heaven.  But enough of my "I LOVE GOAT CHEESE" rant.  Let's get down to dinner.

Tonight's dinner-Stuffed steak, baked onion rings (from a bag) and steamed zucchini (I can't wait til the ones in my garden are ripe).

I had a small steak in the freezer (I am not a huge steak fan) and I recently replenished my stash of goat cheese, so of course I must have goat cheese.

You'll need:
A steak
Goat cheese log
Pineapple salsa (Salsa recipe here)
1 zucchini
goat cheese crumbles
Tbps of fresh grated parmesan cheese

FYI Onion rings= Alexia's.  They are in the natural/organic freezer section and worth every penny.

Take your steak and cut in in half creating a top and bottom


place desired amount of pineapple salsa and goat cheese on one half of the steak

Place the other half of the steak on top and secure it in place with toothpicks (I trimmed mine because I was using a George Foreman Grill)


Cook until done to desired preference.






So I forgot to take pics of the zucchini but it's simple.

Clean and peel the zucchini.  Cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper.  I steamed the zucchini in a microwave steamer I bought from Tupperware.  It takes between 4-7 min to steam any veggies.

When the zucchini comes out and is still hot, sprinkle the desired amount of goat cheese crumbles and parmesan, I seasoned again with salt and pepper.




Dinner was delicious and I have a clean kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment