Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's been awhile

Life has been crazy! I haven't cooked much recently.....Last  night I made pasta (no special surprises) and a pineapple blueberry salad. I'll post pics and everything anyway.

I can't wait for my garden to give me veggies.  My plants are outgrowing the box and I want veggies.  I am spending a ton at the grocery store! This is mostly because I recently decided that I don't really care for a lot of processed foods.

So for the pasta....I used 1 cup of Ronzoni's Quick Cook pasta.  If you haven't used this stuff it's amazing. Pasta cooks in 3 minutes. I added about a tablespoon of butter to the hot pasta for the buttery taste.

I added 1 diced plum tomato, 6 sundried tomatoes sliced, 1/4 of a red onion diced, 1/4 c of baby arugula, and 4 pepperocini peppers diced.

I then topped everything with the juice of a lemon.  After I tossed it.  I added about a tablespoon and a half total of crumbled goat cheese and crumbled blue cheese.  I then shaved a little parmesean cheese on top.  It was delicious.


At the farmers market last weekend, I bought a beautiful fresh pineapple and a pint of local blueberries. I wanted some way to use them together.

I skinned, cored and chopped the pineapple.


I threw it in a container with it's juices.  This thing was so ripe I had puddles of juices. I then rinsed the blueberries and tossed half the pint in with the pineapples.  I then topped the combination with 2 tablespoons of honey. I tasted the concoction and it needed more sweetness so I added 1 Tbsp of brown sugar.  I tossed it all together and it was delicious!!!!


So today I will have to cook, just not sure what I have in the house. So stay tuned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment