Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Random Cooking from the weekend

So I had a really busy weekend and I did incorporate some food....I even cooked tonight, but forgot to take pics of the chicken..... oh well, let's journey through my weekend via food!


First up FRIED PICKLES.  Not gonna lie, ever since I had them at Hooter's, I've been slightly addicted.  If it wasn't for the fact making them destroyed every inch of my kitchen, I might make them more often.  However, I have yet to find the right consistency/mixture for the breading. And ever since I introduced my sister to this awesomeness, every time we get together, we make them (we if her kids allow her to help me)

You will need: (for this batch)
Jar of dill pickle slices (bread and butter slices will work too)
Flour
Cornmeal
Paprika
Buttermilk
Oil for frying....


First drain your pickles and cover in buttermilk.  I let mine soak for about an hour, but that's not a requirement.


 Mix your flour, cornmeal, paprika and other seasonings together for dredging.


 Take pickles from buttermilk and dredge in flour mixture. Set aside to prepare for frying.



Fry til golden.


 Make dipping sauce by combining ranch dressing and hot sauce to your liking. 

 We made so many we couldn't eat them all!

Next up was Spiking a watermelon for a girls only PAR-TAY.  It's really self- explanatory.....look at the pictures.  My only recommendation, start this at least 36 hours prior to consumption.


 Eat and enjoy.  I used flavored vodka (watermelon) but you can use plain as well.  Great treat for hot summer days.

For the same party I also tempted fate by making lemon bars. This is also kinda time consuming but worth it, especially if you love lemons!!!! I found this recipe at food network They were a hit! Not posting recipe because you can follow the link.





Tonight I made Corn Pudding and Rosemary Chicken (forgot to take pics of the chicken, I had guests)

Corn pudding (takes a bit but worth it) 
1 can creamed corn 14-15 oz
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 Cup cheddar cheese
1/4 Cup cornmeal
1/2 cup chopped onion (I used red)
4 oz softened cream cheese
2/3 c milk
3 tbsp melted butter
1 beaten egg
1 Tbsp sugar
In a bowl, beat cream cheese, creamed corn, corn kernels, onion an cornmeal. 



Stir in milk, butter, egg, sugar, and cheese



Butter a baking dish, dump mixture in.  Cook for 50 min. at 350.  When you take it out, let it sit for at least 10 minutes so it can set.

This was delicious! I will doctor it up in the future with more cream cheese on top of the mixture (recommendation of a friend) and I would probably put some jalapenos in the batter as well.  This is sure to be a staple in my kitchen.

So this is a picture of the rosemary mixture for the chicken.  I also got the recipe from food network, but it's late, and I'm too lazy to go look for it.



 Food is fun, food is yummy, food belongs in my tummy!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment