Saturday, June 4, 2011

MAN Pasta

I decided to call this concoction MAN Pasta because every man I've ever known would go nuts over this pasta.  It's got meat, beer, and cheese.  What more could a man ask for, but a woman to cook it LOL.


What you will need:

1 bottle of your favorite (his favorite) beer
1 lb of sausage (hot or sweet, I used hot)
1/4 of an onion
2 tbsp of Horseradish
3 large cloves of garlic grated
Olive oil
Feta cheese or your favorite Parmesan cheese
2 cups pasta (I am in love with the quick cook pastas)

Heat a large skillet on medium heat with about a tablespoon of olive oil.  Chop your onions to your desired texture.  Add chopped onion and grated garlic cloves to hot oil.  Remove sausage from casing and press into small patties.


As the onions start to brown, add 1/2 the bottle of beer.  When beer begins to boil, add the sausage to the beer. Add 1 tbsp of horseradish and mix.  Add the remaining beer and allow to cook uncovered until about 1/3 of the beer remains.  Add the remaining horseradish and heat til hot (1 min.)


Cook and drain pasta. Place pasta in a separate bowl and dump the sausage and beer sauce to the pasta and toss.  Top with favorite cheese. I used garlic and herb flavored feta cheese.

I needed a bit more salt to this dish so I added some garlic salt at serving.   So in my intro when I started this blog, I told you I was a mess.  The picture below is typical of my kitchen after ANY cooking I do.  Heck, I even have an apron that says "Chef Mess."

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment