Sunday, July 10, 2011

ZUCCHINI!!!!!!!!!

So I picked a monster zucchini from my garden.


I needed to do something with it, so tonight I made Zucchini Bread and Pan fried marinated zucchini.

So the Zucchini Bread recipe, I got from  Smitten Kitchen
I didn't add any of the extras, but it was delicious!


You Need:
2 cups of shredded zucchini
3 cups flour
1 3/4 of Sugar
3 Eggs
1 cup oil
3 tsp of cinnamon
1/8 tsp of nutmeg
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt


Whisk eggs in a bowl.  Then add sugar and oil.  Finally add zucchini and vanilla.
In another bowl mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add the flour slowly to the egg mixture.....Eventually  your batter should look like this:


Add batter to 2 WELL GREASED loaf pans....... (I only had one)


Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-65 minutes, ensuring the middle is baked.

 YUM.....


So while the bread was baking, I started my zucchini marinating.

You need:
zucchini
balsalmic vinegarette salad dressing
plastic baggie


Cut zucchini into slices.


Place zucchini in a plastic baggie and season with salt and pepper. Add desired amount of dressing and let sit for at least 30 min.


So I pan fried in some olive oil on my grill.

Cook til desired doneness.

I ate them all!!!!


In brighter news....FAT FIDO came out again tonight (enter Fido picture collection!)



No comments:

Post a Comment