Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Leftover Makeover

So a hazard of cooking from recipes and living by yourself, is that you ALWAYS have leftovers.  Unlike some people, I hate leftovers. There are very few things I enjoy having over and over again.  So, tonight I sat pondering on my couch what to do for dinner because I did NOT want any of the meatloaf leftover from last night. I contemplated ordering Chinese, but didn't (because I haven't ordered since I moved into my house and don't know where to order from).  I thought about a pizza joint, but everything on the menu I'd eat was full of fat and grease (and I've been eating well). 

So I reinvented my meatloaf and couscous dinner into Stuffed Tomatoes.

I cored and emptied 3 small tomatoes


I then took some of last nights meatloaf and cut it into smaller pieces.  I added some of the leftover couscous too.  I then threw in some cheddar cheese and some carmelized onions.


I then stuffed each tomato as full as I could with the mixture.


Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.  When the timer went off, I added some cheese on top and some balsamic vinegar and baked for 5 more minutes.



Talk about a totally different meal......it was delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment