Tuesday, July 12, 2011

BEST Turkey Meatloaf

So I made the most amazing meatloaf ever tonight. 

I followed most of the recipe from Giada (click here for recipe)

I didn't use parsley, I substituted fresh basil
I used Three types of feta cheese (regular, tomato basil, and garlic flavored)

So, because I linked the recipe and mostly followed it, I will just tell ya what I did.



First, mix everything, but the meat gently in a bowl.


Then add the ground turkey and mix gently until the stuff in the bowl is well spread throughout the meat.  Shape the meat into a loaf and place in a greased pan.


Bake at 375 for 45 min.  Keep an eye out on it though.  I take 5 min off everything because my oven is strange.

While it bakes, clean up your kitchen.....this is what mine looked like.





Take it out and eat it.  This was so moist and full of flavor.  I didn't need to add anything to it to serve (to myself). No ketchup, no BBQ sauce....though I did try it with some Tzatziki sauce.  I preferred it without!



Also pictured above is couscous and a veggie salad I made (cucumber, tomato, black beans, balsamic vinegar and apple cider vinegar.)

Fat Fido did not appear today....must've been too hot for even him!

No comments:

Post a Comment