Friday, July 8, 2011

Caramel filled Chocolate Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

It was a rainy day, well beyond rainy.....MONSOON type weather. So I cooked and baked.  I will be posting a video tomorrow of homemade gnocchi, but for now cupcakes take the post

You will need
Boxed cake mix (sorry, I was feeling lazy) and the stuff for it.
1 package Cream cheese softened
1 stick butter softened
3-4 c confectioner's sugar
1 bottle of caramel ice cream topping



The box mix called for oil.  I know cupcakes aren't healthy but I didn't want the oil so I used applesauce.

Bake according to package directions.  Then remove from pans and allow to cool

Icing- let me start by saying I was NOT happy with the consistency of the icing.  Not even a little.

cream the cream cheese and butter together. 


Add 3/4 cup of caramel.  Mix well.


Add confectioner's sugar a cup at a time and mix well.  My icing was very liquidy and I even put it in the fridge to help it set up, but not for long enough apparently.

When cupcakes are cool, use a small paring knife to cut a hole in the middle of the cupcake and remove the top.


Then squeeze desired amount of filling in the hole.

Before you replace the top, cut or pull off enough of the plug to allow filling to stay in place. Otherwise you will have overflow.

Replace top.



Ice cupcakes as desired.


Eat and enjoy!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment