Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Easy Dulce de Leche

So if you know me, you know that I tend to be obsessed with certain things......the top 3 are goat cheese, peanut butter in candy and caramel (all versions).  The last time I played with cooking sugar, I burnt the crap out of my finger, so I wanted an easier way.......Dulce de leche....

First, caramel is made with sugar and finished with a touch of milk and done stove top

Dulce de leche is made with sweetened condensed milk and can be made in a variety of ways......I chose the crockpot.

Ingredients
can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz) Yields about a jar and a half when split.
canning jar or 2
time (at least 10 hours)


First, open your sweeten condensed milk and pour into canning jars.


Place in crockpot and fill with water at least an inch over the jars.




Cook on low for at least 10 hours or until the Dulce de Leche reaches desired color.

2 hours


5 hours

8 hours

10 hours


Allow to cool completely.  Store in fridge.

I did not let cool to room temp and it was still kinda solid.....it will soften as it cools....currently it's in my fridge




SIMPLEST thing ever........ and its YUMMY



Next time I am going to try adding some milk chocolate chips or peanut butter to make flavored dulce de leches

No comments:

Post a Comment