Thursday, July 5, 2012

BBT dip

So the 4th of July is BBQ day in my life.  Every year I go to my Godmother's house and we have a blast.  I try and bring something different each year.


BBT Dip (Bacon, Blue Cheese and Tomato) I made a double recipe but won't again.
for a single recipe
4 oz softened Cream Cheese
1/2 c sour cream
4 oz crumbled blue cheese
5 slices crispy bacon crumbled
4-6 sundried tomatoes diced


First drain your sun dried tomatoes for about 10 minutes to get rid of the excess oils.


Then in a food processor (mine sucks) place all ingredients EXCEPT bacon and mix till combined.


Now if your food processor sucks as much as mine does,  switch it to your kitchen aid stand mixer.


Mix til creamy and fold in bacon crumbles.


Refrigerate for 2 hours then serve.  I used Ritz crackers.


I am still undecided on how I feel about this dip.  Taste testers at the BBQ liked it, but a few recommended that I add garlic and black pepper.  Will try if I ever make again, but just not sure how I feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment