Sunday, June 10, 2012

MIS-adventure in Cake Vodka

BE VERY CAREFUL IN DUPLICATING THIS RECIPE! (I probably used WAAAAAYYYY too much vodka in this one)


So me and some of the girls get together monthly.....you must bring something....so I had this plan..... Coconut Cupcakes, infused with Cake Vodka....... roomie had a bottle that neither of us was drinking so hey why not.......




You will need:
2 cups coconut flakes (extra for decorating)
1/2 c sweetened condensed milk
Box cake mix and all the required ingredients
Cake Vodka

First: take 2 cups of the coconut flakes and mix in the 1/2 c sweetened condensed milk....then set aside.


 Then prepare the box mix as directed, substituting the Cake Vodka for the water.

Fill your cupcake liners as normal.  Top with the sweetened condensed milk and coconut mixture. Bake as directed on the box.


Then I took some coconut and dyed it with food coloring for garnish....




THEN the MISADVENTURE HAPPENED.....I opened my gas oven to remove the cupcakes and a fireball carried on the steam of the oven came out and burnt my face.  I had singed hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, and my face was sore.   I immediately jumped into an ice cold shower to try and cool my face.  Never once did I imagine that the alcohol would ignite like that.  As I was showering, my roomie turned off the oven and removed the cupcakes.....  I kept cold compresses on my face for over 3 hours.......It felt like sunburn.

this is me cold compressing with a bag of frozen vegetables.  I also compressed with a soaking wet towel and a wet towel with ice cubes.  After about 2 hours of compressing, my roomie googled treatments and found that tea bags dunked in cold water, remove the sting from sunburn... so we tried that......AND IT WORKED.

I was able to finish and test the cupcakes.



These cupcakes were amazing and according to the girls worth the singed face......

That being said, I  do not envision EVER baking with vodka again....cooking, yes.....

The good news is I was sunburnt on my face, so I don't know what is sunburn and what is facial burns

BE VERY CAREFUL IN DUPLICATING THIS RECIPE!

1 comment:

  1. I might have used too much vodka in the creation of these cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete