Monday, June 11, 2012

Burn update and Dr. Pepper Cookies

Before I start....here is the current condition of my face after Saturday night's mishap....





Now I still don't know what is sunburn and what is burn burned.....but my nose is the worst by far....



So I was in a baking mood tonight, but didn't have the stuff to make chocolate coconut cupcakes, so I made these.....

This is from this place

Ingredient list:
2 1/4 c cake flour ( or for all purpose flour take away 4 1/2 tbsp of flour)
1/3 c brown sugar
3/4 c margarine
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 c Dr. Pepper (I used a little bit more to loosen the dough)
Confectioner's sugar for rolling

 Standard ingredient picture.....

So, first, preheat (alcohol-less) oven to 325.  Then cream the margarine and brown sugar together until light and fluffy-ish....

Then add the flour/salt in small batches adding a little Dr. Pepper alternately. Then add vanilla and chocolate chips.


Roll into small balls and bake for 30 minutes.....these needed the full 30!




After you bring them out of the oven, roll them in the confectioner's sugar.


So the overall result: good cookie, can't taste the Dr. Pepper.....at all....or maybe a little if I tell my head to believe it enough.... Not sure how to fix it without making the dough all runny or adding way too much flour.   Will need to do further research to perfect the soda flavor.....

No comments:

Post a Comment