Friday, June 15, 2012

GRILLED Grilled Cheese

So I wanted to grill and do something new to me......I don't have much food in the house right now, but I always have my 2 Cheese Staples: GOAT CHEESE and BLEU CHEESE!!!! So why not try Grilling some grilled cheese!!!!

You will need:
Goat cheese
bleu cheese
taco blend shredded cheese
2 slices of the bread of your choice
bacon (cooked to your desired crispiness)
1 tbsp melted butter per sandwich made
Mustard concoction (see below)


First, I put the bacon on the grill burner to get all nice and crispy (I like it to crumble when I bite it)...and when you make a couple of pieces of bacon, you need to make a couple extra to snack on!




Whilst your bacon is a frying.....make the mustard concoction. You will need:
2 tbsp or so of yellow mustard
1/2 tbsp horseradish
fresh ground pepper
garlic salt
1 tsp of Tastefully simple's Fiesta dip mix

Mix all together!


So then, spread the mustard concoction on both slices of bread


Now to build your cheese infused yumminess


First I took the goat cheese (what little I had left) and spread it on one slice of bread.  I had crumbles so I squished it together first, before I attempted to spread it.


Next I added a whopping ton of bleu cheese crumbles


Top the bleu cheese with bacon, as much or as little as you so desire!


At this point make sure your grill is on and getting hot.  You want it to be hot, but you are going to lower your heat once you  put the sandwich on. 

Now add as much of the taco cheese that you wish or your sandwich will hold.


Now close your sammich and squish it together (you're lovin' the proper cooking lingo, aren't ya?)  Then take your melted butter and brush both the top and bottom slices of bread (not sparingly, but not soaking). Through my internet research this melted butter is the KEY to amazing GRILLED grilled cheese.



Time to GRILL.  Lower your heat to low or slightly above low, so that you don't burn and scorch the bread without melting the yummy cheese.



Flip your sandwich when 2 things occur.... 1. the cheese is getting melty  AND 2. when you have a nice set of grill marks on your bread.


It takes anywhere from 4-6 minutes per side roughly, but I don't recommend leaving grill-side at all.


Now before I comment on this meal, I have to say 1 thing.  I HAD TO MAKE TOMATO SOUP (canned).  It is sacrilegious in my world to eat grilled cheese without tomato soup.....but one day I will attempt it from scratch.



I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER MAKE GRILLED CHEESE ON A PAN OR GRIDDLE AGAIN.  This was THAT good.  The bread got super toasty without being greasy. I t wasn't soggy. The cheesy was ooey-gooey and even when dipping into the tomato soup, it stayed firm and crisp!

BEST HOMEMADE GRILLED CHEESE EVER! Can't wait to experiment with other cheeses!

No comments:

Post a Comment