Saturday, October 1, 2011

Maple Apple Chicken

So still have apples to get rid of and I was down to my last piece of chicken.  Let's just say I will make this again.

Maple Apple Chicken (makes one-ish)
Chicken breast
1/2 an Apple juice juicebox
1 Tbsp syrup
sprinkle of dried thyme
1 apple peeled, cored, sliced thin
1/2 tbsp of butter
sprinkle of cinnamon

Take chicken, juice, syrup and thyme. Mix in a baggie and marinate for 30 min.




Remove chicken from marinade but keep the marinade off to the side. Pan cook chicken 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through and remove from the pan.



Melt butter in pan and cook apple slices for about 4 minutes. 


Add the marinade, to the apples and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and let simmer for 4 minutes allowing the sauce to reduce. 


Add chicken to re-heat (about 2 minutes).

Pour sauce over chicken and enjoy.

I added some onions, I would not recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment