Monday, October 24, 2011

Spicy Chicken and Sausage Soup

I crockpotted today.
It was easy.
And delish!

Spicy Chicken and Sausage Soup in a Crockpot
2 chicken breasts diced (raw or frozen)
2 andouille sausages (cooked and cut)
1 package of Knorr's Homestyle Chicken Stock
4 Cups water
1 can Original RoTel
1 can mild RoTel
1 can white canelloni beans (white kidney)
2 cups frozen onions and pepers (stir fry veggies)
1 cup minute rice
1tsp-1tbsp of red pepper flakes.

I wanted soup.  I prepped last night by cuttin all my chicken and putting it in the fridge so assembling would be easy this morning.

I started by taking my chicken stock....it's a gel that makes 3 1/2 cups of stock by adding 3 1/2 cups of water.





Then add both cans of Rotel including all liquids. Also add the can of beans (drained) and red pepper flakes to your liking.




Add chicken pieces.  I also added another 1/2 cup of water because I was going to be cooking it longer than I had planned and I didn't want everything to evaporate.







Set on low.  Cook 8-10 hours (I was at 11 by the time I got home from work)

About 30 minutes until serving, prep remainder of ingredients.  Cook and cut your sausage.





Add rice and frozen veggies.  Cook on high for about 18-20 minutes covered.



Serve and enjoy.


The broth was thinner than I expected, but delish!!! Yummy soup and I have probably another 4-6 servings.  I plan on freezing some for later.  Try this out and let me know what you think.

If you are not a spicy fan use the mile Rotel only or even just 2 cans of diced tomatoes.  Also use a sweeter sausage instead of the spicy sausage. 

I am still amazed at this meal o mine

No comments:

Post a Comment