Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Irene

So I've been slacking just because I can.  No grad school classes and school hasn't picked up yet. Today I figured I would recap and cook about Irene that loved us this past weekend.

So between me preparing foods that could be eaten cold and my parents bringing stuff up, this is what my fridge looks like today.  Time for leftovers!!!!!


So tonight, I made a new meal of leftovers.


I made leftover catfish, my friend Nichole's mom's collard greens, and the butt ton of pasta I had prepped in case of a loss of power. I nuked everything except the fish, which I wrapped in foil and heated through.



So Irene was supposed to be devastating, and in places it was, but my family escaped unscathed.  My parents who live down the shore came to stay with me until it was over.  So now I figured I would share some hurricane pics.....

Above is my backyard Saturday afternoon.  Just normal rain.


Downpour....it's a coming about 9:30 pm.


Sunday Morning......still swampy!
Random branch from my neighbor's tree

Branches from a tree in my backyard. The extent of all my "damage"

My wind blown garden.....Everything but the zucchini plants held up well.

Random dead snake.....I also had a dead baby bird.....but that skeeved me....he was crushed.......so snake will suffice.

I anticipate making lots of leftover creations this week......let's see what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment