Saturday, September 17, 2011

Turkey Tortilla Melt

So last Sunday I cooked with the random few items I had in my kitchen.  I wanted something differentish so I created this awesome awesome dish.

Turkey Tortilla Melt
1 lb ground turkey
1 tomato
1 package onion soup mix
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 yellow onion diced
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 flour tortillas


Mix onion soup mix with turkey meat. Place turkey and onions and garlic into a hot skillet.


When turkey is done cooking add tomato and cook for another 2-4 minutes. 






While the meat and tomato cooks, warm 2 large flour tortillas in the oven at 350.





Add cheese 1/2 the cheese to the turkey mixture and let melt slightly.


Cut and arrange tortillas on top of the meat mixture and top with cheese.  Then place entire skillet in the oven (make sure yours is oven safe)








Bake in oven at 350 for about 5-10 minutes to allow cheese to melt and tortillas to get crunchy.



Cut and serve with salsa and sour cream!  This made enough for 4 servings......I think it was better reheated!!!!!!





FAT FIDO NEWS

I haven't seen him since Hurricane Irene blew through here at the end of August.  I wonder if he is dead under the shed.    :(

Happy eating!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment