Sunday, November 18, 2012

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

I always start with "it's been awhile," and I'm tired of it...Fact is my life is ridiculously, insanely, exhaustingly exhausting......cooking doesn't happen often anymore.

However, as I get ready to host my first ever Thanksgiving dinner, I am starting to clean up.  As I looked around today, there were 6 pumpkins that my roommate, our families, and I had picked over Halloween.  So I decided to make some roasted, flavored pumpkins seeds. 

So I cut open 2 large pumpkins and 2 of the smaller pumpkins and took all the seeds out (I quit after 4 because the smaller pumpkins are so much harder to cut open).

I then rinsed the seeds in a collander.



Then I attempted to pat them dry, but they stuck to everything.

 

Then I melted 2 tbsp of butter and put 2 cups of seeds and the butter in a ziploc bag and shook til everything was well coated.



I preheated my oven to 300, sprayed a cookie sheet liberally with cooking spray. I spread the seeds on the cookie sheet and shook on the seasoning (I made garlic salt and cinnamon and sugar flavors)








Bake for 30 min.  Every 8-10 min stir the seeds to prevent burning.  Then cool and serve.






I didn't add enough garlic salt and they were a little crispy... The cinnamon sugar I cut by 4 min. and they were delish!

Happy Autumn.....look for turkey day postings later this week!














No comments:

Post a Comment