Monday, January 30, 2012

Stuffed Green Curry Chicken

Sorry it's been so long.  Finishing up grad school and working is kinda exhausting. 
Tonight I wanted to cook, so I did.

Driving home, I knew I wanted chicken.  I thought about all sorts of ways to cook it but I wanted curry.  I also have a 1/2 dying basil plant that I need to get some use out of. Hence, green curry.

You'll need
Chicken breast
cumin
marjoriam
tastefully simple tuscan bread dipping seasoning
tastefully simple season salt
red pepper flakes
ancho chilli pepper
basil leaves
chopped garlic
pepperoncini peppers and juices
Sun-dried tomato packed in oil
blue cheese
cheddar cheese


So this was sort of a hap hazard dish. No real measuring.  First take all your spices and lightly toast/heat them.


Then in a blender, food processor, or magic bullet place your basil, toasted spices, garlic, pepperoncini peppers and enough juice to allow everything to mix well.  I put a tad too much garlic in, but it worked for heat!



Allow to mix well until it is a loose paste type consistency.  Take chicken breast and cut so you can stuff things in it.



Add blue cheese, cheddar cheese, and sun dried tomato.  Close the chicken. I used toothpicks to keep it shut only so the stuffing didn't fall out.


Smother with the green curry sauce.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.



It was delish! 




I'm trying to be more health conscience now a days.  Suggestions? let me know....

No comments:

Post a Comment