Sunday, November 6, 2011

BBQ Pulled Chicken and Butterfinger Cupcakes

I'm getting slow at posting stuff.  These two items were made on different days.  Time has just been getting away from me.


 BBQ Pulled Chicken
1 Chicken breast
1 Cup bbq sauce
1/2 onion carmelized
2 Tbsp hot sauce (Franks --- I put that sh*t on everything).

First carmelize an onion over low heat using olive oil and salt



Add a chicken breast and cook through.


When chicken is cooked, break it apart and tear it into shreds.






Add onions, bbq sauce and hot sauce.  Heat till hot and bubbly.




Serve as you wish....I did on hamburger rolls......mmmmm mmmmm good!





Then I decided to make cupcakes using leftover/recently purchased by my new roomie Butterfingers

Butterfinger Cupcakes (NOTE NOTHING IS HOMEMADE BOXED MIX, CANNED ICING)****I was tired and didn't feel like cooking from scratch*****
Chocolate Cake mix (and all the necessary things to prepare it)
1 jar/can/container of vanilla icing
12 fun size butterfinger candy bars



Prepare cake batter as directed by the box. Chop/crush (which is what happens when you try to chop a Butterfinger) 10 Butterfingers.  Add to prepared batter.





Stir to incorporate.  Add to cupcake liners. Bake as directed.




Allow cupcakes to cool thoroughly.  While cooling crush two more Butterfinger bars.

When cupcakes are cool, ice as normal then top with crushed Butterfinger.



While delicious, the Butterfinger did not hold up in the cake batter.  You can taste the candy a little....next time I may use whole bars!

1 comment:

  1. Heath Bar cupcakes or cookies next! yum yum :)

    I think I read in a Ben & Jerry's cookbook that candy bars are easier to chop when frozen.

    And the Ben & Jerry's cookbook is completely amazing!

    ReplyDelete